Chemguard EXTREME Foam Concentrate is the first and only foam concentrate designed specifically for Compressed Air Foam Systems (CAFS). EXTREME is a non-corrosive, non-toxic, and biodegradable Class A foam concentrate.
When mixed with water in the correct proportion, it drastically changes the properties of water. It reduces the surface tension of the water, and produces foam, which allows the water to cling to vertical or horizontal surfaces without run off. This allows the water to absorb more heat and provides greater penetration into Class A fuels.
- Designed specifically for Compressed Air Foam Systems (C.A.F.S.).
- Excellent properties for exposure protection requiring thick CAFS foam blankets.
- Reduces water consumption by 3 to 5 times
- Can be used with either fresh or salt water
- Suitable with non-air-aspirating or aspirating handline nozzles
- Suitable for use in Helicopter Bambi buckets
- Suitable for use on rubber (tires), coal, paper and many other types of Class A fuels
- Suitable for use through medium expansion nozzles on Class A or contained Class B flammable liquids
- Suitable for use with high expansion foam generators
- Does not contain reportable components under SARA Title 111/Section 313.F/40 CFR-372 or CERCLA
- May be premixed for use as a foaming agent or for use as a wetting agent
Recommended Dilution Rates When Used as a Foam Concentrate
- Helicopter Bambi Bucket 0.5% - 0.7%
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzle .3% - .5%
- Handline, non-air-aspirating nozzle .3% - .6%
- Compressed air foam system (CAFS) 0.1% - 1.0%
Dilution Rate When Used as a Wetting Agent:
- 0.3% - 1.0%
- System operating pressure
- Type of discharge device
- Amount of foam concentrate in the water
- Proportioning When Used as a Foam Concentrate
- Premixed Tanks
- Balanced Pressure Pump Systems
- In-line Eductor
- Around the Pump Proportioners
NFPA 18 provides for performance testing on Class A fuels as well as class B fuels. EXTREME has been tested at 0.5% as a wetting agent.
Typical Properties at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C)
|Appearance:|| ||Pale Amber Liquid|
|Specific Gravity:|| ||1.010|
|Surface Tension:|| ||@ 1.0% Solution 26.99 Dynes/cm|
If kept in the original unopened and airtight Chemguard supplied container and stored within the temperature range 32 degrees F-120 degrees F (0 degrees C - 49 degrees C), a shelf life of 20-25 years can be expected. When stored in other than the manufacturer's supplied container, check with Chemguard for storage guidelines. If frozen during storage, thawing will render the product completely serviceable. Note: It is not recommended to pre-mix EXTREME concentrate with water for long-term storage.