New England Ropes KM III, 7/16" (price per foot)
A superior handling rescue rope, New England Ropes KM III static kernmantle rope features composite construction, with the continuous filament polyester sheath braided over a continuous nylon fiber core.
Featuring a weight-balanced construction with the sheath and the core each representing half the total weight, KM III is torque-balanced to eliminate any spin during a rappel. This provides excellent handling and knot-holding characteristics, as well as rugged protection from abrasion and cutting.
The polyester sheath provides added protection from ultraviolet light and chemicals harmful to nylon, while reducing the strength loss and weight gain that occurs when nylon absorbs water.
*Rope is sold by the foot. Please contact customer support for maximum length available.
New England KM III Specifications (apply to all diameters of New England KM III):
- Certification - UL Classified to NFPA 1983 Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services, 2012 Edition.
- Construction - Block creel, static kernmantle.
- Fiber - Core is 100% nylon. Sheath is 100% high-tenacity polyester.
- Sheath - 32-strand braided, with half the strands having a left (Z) twist and the other half having a right (S) twist for a balanced, torque-free rope with maximum abrasion resistance.
- Rating - NFPA General Use for 13 mm (1/2 in); NFPA Technical Use for 9.5 mm (3/8 in) and 11 mm (7/16 in)
- Temperature - Melt point 460 degree F (238 degree C)
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Weight (per 100')||Diameter||NFPA Rating||3 sigma MBS|
| Color/Blue, 3/8" ||4 lb 11 oz (2.1 kg)||9.5 mm (3/8 in)||Technical Use||25 kN (5,620 lbf)|
|Color/Blue, 7/16"||5 lb 6 oz (2.4 kg)||11 mm (7/16 in)||Technical Use||32 kN (7,194 lbf)|
|Color/Blue, 1/2"||7 lb (3.2 kg)||13 mm (1/2 in)||General Use||44 kN (9,891 lbf)|